Monday, January 16, 2012

How I lost weigth

This is your quintessential blog about weight loss. I am not going to give tips or dole advice, I am just going to share with you my experience to lose ALL THAT WEIGHT!

Going into my second pregnancy, which was quite the surprise let me tell you, I was 127lbs. I had spent the better part of fall loosing the baby weight from my first pregnancy. I am unhappy when I am not able to fit into a closet full of clothes. Now, keep in mind I was not fit, I was at a good weight. I had NO muscle tone, and was NOT in shape.



This is me in the summer of 2009 about 3 weeks pregnant.


Now, after I gave birth to my second son I was pleased to find out that I weighed only 130 lbs!! "yes!" I thought "I only have 10 pounds to lose!" But a summer full of ice cream and Sonic S'more shakes did me in....when I was my heaviest I weighed in at a whopping 153lbs!!
I am pretty sure I owned a pair of size 14 pants...but to be honest I can't remember because I may or may not have blocked it out of my memory.


It was hard to find a good full body shot of me because I avoided them at all costs....I say I am in the high 140s in this picture.







Now I should also remind those reading at this point I am 5 foot 1 inch on a GOOD day....so that much weight is a bit too much.

I was also nursing (hence the big boobs)....and that is what I attribute to NOT losing the weight as fast as "they" say. Nursing, for me, did not help me lose weight...I think it actually hindered me, hormones and all that. But I am not a doctor nor am I a scientist.

So, finally I had enough! (I am pretty sure it was after this picture was taken) I said "Damn it! I am done" It also helped that I stopped eating fast food as of January 1, 2011. But I really didn't do something about it until June. I started a fitness camp. It was hard at first. REAL HARD. The first day of camp I weighed in at 143 lbs.

me on the first day of camp...its sideways, but you can still tell


I even fell on my face at the zoo b/c my muscles were so wobbly. It wasn't pretty. And the weight loss wasn't fast, but pound by pound it I started to see the weight come off. And for the FIRST time in my life I started to get muscles!
I was NEVER EVER athletic, so arm muscles were a big deal to me!

So fitness camp went on all summer long, I went three days a week...missing a few here and there. Especially when I went to NY to see family.


Still looking chubby here, I was about about 135lbs. Can you tell a difference?


Yes, I did get to see Daniel Radcliff in person....I know you are dying to know if he can sing and dance. Well, yes, yes he can! It was great! I was this close to him *making a foot with both of my hands* the only thing that separated us was his bullet proof window of his car.








While I was there I went ahead and got my self a tattoo. Something I was saving for my self when I hit my goal weight, but I stumbled upon Wooster Street Social Club and couldn't pass it up! I told my self "You better lose that weight or you will look like a real jack ass for rewarding your self early"




So, I bet you want to see that tat, huh? Well that will have to wait. I feel I have tons of pics already!!

It was after this trip that I really stepped up how I ate, well rather HOW MUCH I ate! I cut my portion sizes WAAAAAY down. I was eating a ton of food at meals and snacking all day long! Once school was back in session I began dropping pounds left and right! I think because I was not at home all day eating...and eating...and eating...

I kept up with my work outs and my muscles are getting bigger. Now, I am not "ripped" but I do have some tone! Fast food was still not eaten (well to be fair, I did have an emergency while in Dallas in June and had to eat What-A-burger, I went small)

I am pretty sure that working out and eating smaller portions made a big difference. It was a life style change I can assure you. There are times (like today) that I did not want to go work out, but I made my self.

And now....the big reveal......the before and after shot.





There it is!! I am not done....my goal weight is 105 (I was told 100 is too much) but ultimately I want to be more toned up! Look fit, ya know? So, if you want to lose weight I say for me just get to the gym....and don't eat as much....and most of all NO FAST FOOD. Arby's is my crack, but I "Just Say No!"

3 comments:

jdenslow said...

You look amazing and I am totally inspired by your dedication!

Browns said...

thanks Jen! It is not always easy but finding a group or even one person to work out with make a huge difference! They definitely hold me accountable!

Unknown said...

You need to post your gym routine. My problem is that I don't know what to do that works at the gym! You look amazing!