Sunday, January 2, 2011

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Once upon a time a mother gets her baby son the Playschool Explore 'N Grow Busy Ball Popper. (http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details.cfm?guid=914499FA-6D40-1014-8BF0-9EFBF894F9D4&product_id=11457&src=endeca) for the Target store located in Owasso, Oklahoma. Only it did not work and upon attempting to exchange the toy for one that works the mother gets ROYALLY SCREWED!!

THAT'S RIGHT....SCREWED, they did give me a "gift" card for $16.47 and made me go to the back of the store to the toy department to get a new one.

when i get there i notice the price is $17.00...there is not enough on my "gift' card....grrrrr

so i go to check out and then get sent back to "customer care" when i tell the check out lady the deal.

The "customer care" lady tells me i have to pay $2.18 to get the item i just brought back!!

you heard me right!! I had to pay to exchange a toy that was broken when i bought it!!

why you may ask? BECAUSE I DID NOT HAVE MY RECEIPT!!

really are you kidding me? the item was selling for $17 but they gave me $14.99 plus tax!!

here are my arguments:

1. I was excahanging a BROKEN item
2. I was not wanting cash, just a working toy....I would understand if i was wanting cash, but i just wanted a fair trade! They would financially be no worse off!!
3. why would i drive all they way from claremore to owasso to exchange something at THAT store if i bought it at another?
4. hasbro gives them the money back for the damaged item.


so...they charge me a penalty fee of $2.18 for a lost/tossed out receipt!!

I could have went to walmart and exchanged it no questions asked!!

I also called the target corporate line (which is outsourced to INDIA if you care) I griped at the poor young man on the phone for a few minutes untill i felt some what better. I know it was not his fault but i am hoping that the call recording gets back to coperate and they realize that they pissed me off!!

what a ridiculous policy!!

How could I possibly scam them? I was the one who was scammed!!


So, i have a new New Years resolution: NO MORE TARGET (well at least for a while, jerk-faces)


AND THE KICKER IS THE NEW ONE DOES NOT WORK!!!!

LOOKS LIKE I AM HEADING TO WALMART!!!!

No comments: